• The present structure itself is sound. It will get modern plumbing and wiring, brighter low-energy overhead lighting, modern energy-saving windows, more exterior insulation, and roofing upgrades.
• An addition will be built in the two adjacent vacant lots. It will include a lower level to address current archival and storage needs, as well as provide for future programming. The addition’s main floor will address critical space needs, including:
– A total of nine computer terminals.
– A small-group study room.
– Increased space for displaying books, periodicals and multimedia.
– Spaces dedicated to young adults, for gathering, study and reading.
– Expanded space for the children’s collection and programming.
– A multi-function Community Room with kitchenette.